HOW TO BRAID HAIR: 5 EASY STEPS
- Jun 22, 2019
- in News
Braid hairstyle, beside Ponytail, is always a timeless style for girls. No matter where you’re heading- the beach, the office, or the shopping center, etc. this hairdo is always a suitable choice since it’s easy to make, simple but also feminine and cute. Nowadays, there are many different variants of the classic braid hairstyle, which are more complicated, fashionable and chic. However, whether it’s the classic style or modern style, to make a plait, you still have to perform the basic braiding techniques.
This article will guide you on how to do two most popular braid hairstyles: Traditional Braid and French Braid that using simple braiding skills, in 5 easy steps.
Creating a Traditional Braid:
- Step 1: Remove all tangles from your hair using a brush or wide-toothed comb. Clearly, braiding will go faster once your hair is knot-free. When brushing the hair, remember to do it gradually from hair tops to hair roots. Don’t ever brush directly from the roots as detangling may be more difficult and this can cause damage and breakage on your hair.
Another additional tip is to spray a little conditioning treatment onto your hair because slightly damp hair will make braiding a lot easier.
- Step 2: Divide the hair into three small sections. Grab the right strand with your right hand and the left one with your left hand, letting the middle strand hang free. A note here is that you must hold the strands so that you’re grasping them in your palm with your middle, ring and little fingers, letting your index fingers free.
- Step 3: Let start to form your braid by crossing the left section over the middle section, as follows: Firstly, using the index finger and thumb of the left hand to grab the free middle section. Then, grab the left section of hair that’s grasped against your left palm by the index finger and thumb of your right hand. After that, you can see that the original left-hand section is now the middle section. Simply, If your strands firstly out as A, B, C, then now they should be ordered as B, C, A
- Step 4: Continue braiding by keeping using the “free” index finger and thumb of one hand to grab the “back” section of hair from the other hand. Repeat this process until you run out of space to braid, remember to leave about 1-3 inches unbraided at the end.
- Step 5: Secure your braid by using a non- rubber elastic to tie off the end of it. You shouldn’t use rubber bands as they can damage your hair and be difficult to remove at the end of the day.
Creating a French Braids:
- Step 1: Any hairstyle requires the smooth, having no tangles hair at first. This step is similar to the “step 1” of creating a traditional braid.
- Step 2: At the front crown of your head, gather a small amount of hair, this can be done as much as or as little as you like. The amount of gathered hair will result in the length of your braid as a smaller amount will mean a long braid and vice versa.
- Step 3: Divide gathered hair into 3 small sections like a normal plait. Then cross the right strand over the middle one, bringing the middle strand to the right side section, and the right-hand side piece to be the middle one. Do the same with the left-hand side piece.
- Step 4: Gathering from the side of the head, pick up a section of hair and place it with that side of your braid. Cross this now bigger strand over the middle. Do the same with the other side and repeat cross over.
- Step 5: Continue repeating the whole process of “step 4”, braiding until you reach the bottom of your scalp. Then continue to braid the tail as you do a traditional braid. Secure the plait with the hair tie and finish.
Now you know how to traditionally braid and French braid your hair. These braid hairstyles are best suited for long thick hair as the plait will look more plump and beautiful. If your hair is too thin or short, hair extensions such as Clip-ins, Weaves, Tape-ins, etc. will help you to solve this matter. MCSARA’s hair extensions, which are made of 100% virgin hair of Vietnamese women and have various lengths, textures, colors, etc. are always ready for you. Follow our store and website for more useful information about hair extensions, hairstyles, hair care, etc.