HOW TO REPAIR YOUR WIG AT HOME?
- Jun 17, 2019
- in News
Hair experts always recommend: to ensure the healthy hair, you should only use chemicals on your hair up to 2 times per year. But with hair trends changing every day, what to do? The best solution is to immediately use a wig that fits your face and style. Now you don’t have to sit in a half-day at the salon to have a satisfactory hairstyle but only in a "wink", you have a new radiant look.
However, different from the natural hair, wig’s hair strands are knotted into a lace panel without being nourished directly from the scalp. Thus it will be dry and tangled as well as lost from the original shape after a long period of using. That’s the time you need to repair hair in order to maintain the floating, smooth as the first time. You must immediately note three following simple ways to effectively restore your wig.
How to restore tangled wig?
The wig is regarded as "the dainty girl” who always needs to be gently cared for, so is the way to untangle it. After using a wig, the hair will be tangled, especially wig products made of artificial silk, if you don't know how to comb it, this will cause shedding.
First, slightly separate each tangled strand of hair with your hand to limit hair breakage or loss. Always remember the principle of combing and untangling a wig is that you must do it from the bottom to the top. Troubleshooting tangled hair also requires patience, so you can't hurry. After gently removing the tangled part, use a sparse brush and some hairspray to smooth the hair.
Note, you should brush your hair after each use to limit tangled hair. Before brushing, you need to spray a little conditioner exclusively for the wig, split the hair into small parts to comb the wig from the tips to the roots more easily and reduce shedding. After brushing, gently shaking the hair is a useful method to make it natural and smooth. With meticulousness and patience, you are done restoring your wig to have a beautiful wig as the first time buying.
How to restore the fibrous wigs?
Current wigs are made from two main materials: artificial silk and real hair. Whatever the material, for used wigs, if you don't take care of it properly, it will lead to poor hair quality, sclerosis, dryness, and stiffness. Repairing the wig has become a must to make the hair as soft as possible.
The way to recover wigs is through the following steps:
- Dilute shampoo into a basin of water.
- Dip the wig after being untangled and brush it smoothly into the basin, soak it for about 5 to 10 minutes (just soak it, not use your hand to rub the hair, because it will mess up the hair).
- After soaking your wig with shampoo, rinse it with water.
- Continue to dilute conditioner into the basin. Do the same soaking process as you did with shampoo and rinse it off with water. You should use hair conditioner specifically for wigs which have higher conditioning to help restore hair.
- After that, put the hair in a soft towel and gently absorb it part by part (do not use your hands to rub your hair).
- When hair is about 70% - 80% dry, brush the wig with a thin comb and apply some hairspray, continue to let your hair dry completely. Thus, you have completed the restoration of the fibrous wig and will not be able to recognize the magic "transformation" of the wig anymore.
How to restore the wig when the hair is not sticky?
Your floating curly wig after a period of use becomes cluttered, the curls are no longer in the original style then the hair restoration is inevitable.
There are two kinds of wig: one is made from artificial silk and another is made from real human hair, you can use curling machines to restore the hair's folds.
Curling wigs is simple:
- Step 1: Before curling your hair, you must smooth your wig so that the curls are smooth and not tangled.
- Step 2: Divide the hair into small curls to bend.
- Step 3: Take small curls that are already divided in step 2, use a sparse comb to gently smooth, then use a curling machine to crimp the hair, wait for the hair to warm up before release it out. Gently hold curls in your hand and wait until the hair has cooled to keep the structure of the curls. Do the same with the other curls and have a new hairstyle like that.
After all, remember to apply some hairspray to make the wig become silkier.
Wig restoration is now no longer difficult, you totally can do it at home! However, compared to the wigs made from real hair, repairing the artificial wigs may not achieve the desired effect. Moreover, it maybe contains some toxic chemicals that can harm your health during use and restoration. Thus, the recommendation here is: buy a real hair wig. Our MCSARA’s wigs are made not only from real hair but also 100% Vietnam remy hair, thus look natural and very easy to style and repair. Come to our store for more information!