Over the past half-year, the COVID 19 epidemic has spread worldwide, we have been restricted from leaving home, even unable to go to hair salons. Meanwhile, we still have to trim hair regularly, so that some tips showing how to trim hair at home in this article will help you have more ideas and ways to take care of hair at this time.
1. Why should you need a cut?
One of the most important reasons in trimming hair is to keep your hair looking healthy – every hair styling session which includes chemical is a torture session for our hair. As you know, these styling chemicals make our hair strands weaker which propagates many hair maladies, including dullness, split ends, etc. Therefore, regular trimming helps us in cutting these frayed parts off your hair which keeps the healthy look of your hair intact.
Another reason for trimming hair is to avoid frizz and tangles. As you properly know, damaged hairs are more prone to get tangled and frizzy. Therefore, hair experts suggest cutting these parts of hair off to get a smoother and tidy look. You have to know that you do not need to cut short your hair to get rid of damaged hair because hair trimming will solve the purpose.
The third benefit of cutting hair is that half-inch of hair trimming means three inches of hair growth. Of course, if you are thinking that trimming of your hair will cut the recently grown hair short, you are mistaken because half-inch of hair trimming catalyzes a minimum of three inches growth in it every year. At first, you will think it is a slow growth but in the end, you get healthier and longer hair strands.
Finally, trim hair keeps your hairstyle in tune. According to research, the growth of every hair strand varies, and some strands grow faster while many are slow in rate. As a result, such hair growth makes your hairstyle messy, so that if you want to live in the same hair looks for long, keep going for hair trimming sessions. Moreover, it’ll keep your hairline established, and also it will not allow split ends to spoil your looks.
2. What will you need?
- Towel to collect hair
- You should choose wide-tooth for curly hair, fine-tooth for straight hair
- Clips or scrunchies to section hair
- Fine-point scissors
3. What you should remember
3.1. Have someone else help
Do you know that cutting your own hair in the mirror can be tricky? Someone said that if you can, get someone to help you trim evenly or decide when enough is enough. However, if you have to fly solo, use multiple mirrors, and take breaks to check up on how you’re looking.
3.2. Consider texture and length
If your hair is long, thick, straight, healthy, you can be comfortable. On the contrary, if your hair is curly, short, or especially textured, mistakes will be easier to spot, so use caution.
3.3. Avoid horizontal lines
We make sure that you don’t want to hack your hair off in a big horizontal line. First of all, hold your scissors straight up and down the length of your hair, rather than across it, and snip away just a little bit at a time. Furthermore, this is especially important if you’re working on bangs. There’s no doubt that horizontal lines are sometimes necessary for removing length, but snipping vertically keeps your hair from becoming too blunt—a telltale sign of at-home haircuts. Therefore, if you’ve cut horizontally, make sure to follow it up with vertical snips to thin out the ends and make the cut look more natural. And in the case you aren’t feeling dextrous enough to cut vertically, try holding your scissors diagonally.
3.4. Be careful with bangs
It is said that trying to cut new bangs is a surefire path to regret, but trimming existing ones is far easier. Sectioning your hair in a triangle is a good method. Then, when parting hair like this, we can use the arches of the eyebrows as a guide to determine the outermost edges of the section. Afterward, you might want to take a deep breath and relax your hands.
With your bangs, place the hair in a comb with no tension, and use the comb as a guide for a straight line, then cut upwards with the scissors. However, whatever you do, be patient, and keep your cuts minimal. If you aren’t patient, you might wind up cutting your bangs way shorter than you anticipated.
4. How to trim hair at home
- Wash your hair: You have to make sure that your hair is clean and free of any hair-care products before you begin trimming.
- Drying your hair by towel is the second step.
- The third step is to brush your hair. Because you have to make sure to remove any tangles or knots, you should brush your hair from the ends and work your way up. In the case your hair is wavy or curly, use a wide-toothed comb instead.
- Then, comb your hair straight back because when your hair is slicked back it will be easier to make clean, perfectly straight parts.
- In the next step, divide your hair into many parts and secure them
- In this stage, comb this portion of hair straight to make sure to work-out any knots or tangles and repeat as necessary.
- Running the comb through this portion, again by your fingers is a good way to make hair smooth and straight to cut.
- Now, you can stop sliding your fingers just one-inch from the tips and make your guiding-cut.
- Afterward, you have to pinch off another portion of hair, then repeat steps one through four
- In the end, work your way throughout the bottom section. Besides, you can repeat steps one through five as needed.
As mentioned in the article, you can refer to the above tips to trim hair at home. However, MCSARA DO NOT recommend trimming hair if you are not confident, it’s always better to buy a new wig or hair extensions in the case you have to go out or have a party. And MCSARA is one of the best addresses that you can trust!
MCSARA commits to using natural human hair which is collected from Vietnamese. We provide hair extensions as well as wigs to the customers in international markets. We have been working for years to provide the most beautiful hair extensions and wigs to women around the world. Our customers come from many countries such as America, the UK, Russia, Spain, and so many others.
Our products are not only smooth, soft but also very strong and shiny. Because we use 100% Remy hair with no chemical, no tangle, and no shedding, you will not find any problem with our products. We also offer virgin hair which has never experienced any hair processing before. Besides, our products are cheap and easy to use. There is a lot of wigs with various textures, colors, and lengths for you to choose from. Our hair extensions will surely satisfy you!
Stay home, be beautiful, and repel the COVID 19!
How to trim hair at home
1. Wash your hair: You have to make sure that your hair is clean and free of any hair-care products before you begin trimming.
2. Drying your hair by towel is the second step.
3. The third step is to brush your hair. Because you have to make sure to remove any tangles or knots, you should brush your hair from the ends and work your way up. In the case your hair is wavy or curly, use a wide-toothed comb instead.
8. Now, you can stop sliding your fingers just one-inch from the tips and make your guiding-cut.
9. Afterward, you have to pinch off another portion of hair, then repeat steps one through four
10. In the end, work your way throughout the bottom section. Besides, you can repeat steps one through five as needed.
What will you need hair cut
Towel to collect hair
You should choose wide-tooth for curly hair, fine-tooth for straight hair
Clips or scrunchies to section hair
What you should remember hair cut
1. Have someone else help
2. Consider texture and length
3. Avoid horizontal lines
4. Be careful with bangs